Pilates Pink Ribbon Program
Post-Operative Workout Enhancing Recovery
Balance Pilates offers the Pink Ribbon Program, a specifically designed programme for those on the road to recovery following breast cancer surgery.
The programme will help stretch and strengthen the shoulders, chest, back and abdominal muscles, allowing range of motion to return to the areas affected by breast cancer. This workout accommodates women who have undergone surgery recently or who have long since begun recovery, and is appropriate for all fitness levels.
The Pink Ribbon Program supports the physical, mental and emotional wellness for those individuals recovering from breast cancer surgery.
There are many benefits which include:
- Helping to regain strength and mobility in the affected shoulder and arm
- Retraining the core muscles of the abdomen and back
- Improving self-confidence
- Helping to promote a positive body image
- Enhancing and restoring energy levels
- Decreasing stress and tension
- Enabling everyday activities and working towards rejoining fitness classes again.